Sunday, October 26, 2008

To Train or Not

I've recently started an exercise regiment. I almost called it an exercise program. It's definitely more like a regiment. I've just finished my fourth week. At two weeks, I'd lost 3 percent body fat. I go three times a week for one hour with a personal trainer. I then go and do cardio for 45 mins. So I'm at the gym for an hour and forty five minutes three days a week. I also go one more day and do just the cardio. I feel stronger. Of course I wish I had more miraculous results. I'm like the rest of the world and I want an instant fix. Who cares if it took me nine years to get this way. I want to look fab in six weeks or less. I'll stick with it even though I'm a bit impatient. It's a bit tough some days. I'm sweating buckets. I went to the gym recently and my trainer was off at some competition and I was left to figure it out on my own. Let me say I was less than productive. The trainer does help me keep focused on the task. He knows how to adjust all the machines without having to read the instructions several times! I know I get a much better workout with the guidance of the trainer. So if you're looking to get back in shape a personal trainer is a good way to get started. I'll keep you posted on my results.

No comments: