Monday, November 3, 2008

Training Update

Okay then...I'm six weeks into my program with a personal trainer. So far I've lost eight pounds and six percent body fat. I think that calculates into 13 pounds of fat that I've sweated away now. When you hear you've lost only eight pounds after all the hard work, you may be inclined to be a little disappointed. BUT when you do the math for the six percent body fat that has left the body, you just might feel a bit better. I'm doing the weight training in conjunction with the cardio. That's four hours of weight training and 180 minutes of cardio a week. I walk four miles on the other days while I'm at work. That's going from classroom to classroom and from the parking lot. College campuses are big! I take Sunday off. It's not easy, but I want to get in better shape. I quit drinking sodas about seven months ago. I'm also not a big junk food eater to begin with--if you were wondering if I changed anything else in my diet. My level of activity was very low and my metabolism in the pits. My recent activity has improved my metabolism. When I go to bed at night my stomach is making a rumbling sound. I'm not hungry...that's just my metabolism revving up. I know many people complain exercise makes them feel tired. I hear you! I felt extremely tired the first week. The tiredness does go away. You have to work through it. Eating something every two hours helps also. That old adage about not eating between meals is bull. That just makes you feel like you're starving to death by the time you finally get to eat. Then you overeat. I try to avoid falling into this trap. We get busy and before you know it lunch time has come and gone. I always try to eat lunch now and I ALWAYS start off with breakfast even if it is just a yogurt. If you want to get in shape, you can. It's not out of reach.

No comments: