Monday, November 3, 2008

Vote baby vote!

I get excited about voting. The first time I could vote it was for a presidential election. I have voted EVERY time I could since I registered to vote. That I can vote and express my opinion without shoving that opinion in someone else's face is a powerful privilege. Both men and women died so we could have this right and I'm grateful for their sacrifice. I honor that sacrifice they made by exercising my right to vote. I teach college students and many times they don't see the point of voting because they don't think the ISSUES affect them. Then they also feel like they're not informed enough on the issues to make the right choice. (Funny how this doesn't stop them from doing anything else). Knowledge is power...how true this is. The issues affect us no matter what age we are. You can understand what the issues are and make an informed choice--if you're concerned enough. So stand in those long lines tomorrow and honor those who gave up so much so we could have a say...no matter how small that "say" may seem.

No comments: