Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mommy Hysteria

I'm always paranoid about my children playing in the front yard. For years we lived in the country and knew for 10 minutes before someone got to the house because you could see their dust trail on the horizon, but now we're city folk. When I see something like this it just fortifies my belief that children aren't safe playing in the front yard anymore.
Also, there's been a ton of break ins and a couple of attempted child abductions in the area near my home--neither of which I've heard about on the news. My neighbor's home was broken into and the police told her there are so many break ins right now that they're having trouble getting to the homes quickly and sometimes it's hours before they can respond. Some of these home even had alarms going off during the robberies.

No comments: