Friday, April 23, 2010

Reading new author Gail Carriger

The newest author I'm reading is Gail Carriger. I don't just stick to one particular genre of novel. I love to read. Why else would I be a professor of English unless I enjoyed reading? This novel, Soulless, is self described as a novel of "vampires, werewolves, and parasols." It follows the doings and undoings of character Alexia Tarabotti. Carriger describes Alexia with a snappy Brit wit and builds a strong plot. The story begins with Alexia being attacked by a vampire. Now this Victorian spinster is not without her soulless ways and parasol for protection. The vampire quickly finds himself dead and Alexia finds herself in the midst of sinister plan--not to mention a romance that may also be in the works for her as well. I like humor with my writing and Carriger delivers. So if you enjoy tales about vampires, werewolves, and a quick witted gals this may be a novel for you. I'm currently reading her second novel Changeless. I'll let you know more about it once I'm done.

No comments: