Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rest in Peace Ruby Ester Rock Robicheaux

My little 95 year old grandmother was laid to rest this Tuesday. She's finally with the people she loved the most--the Lord, her husband, my mother who was her only child, and her two brothers. My mom died eight months ago and she just wasn't the same after that.


Her funeral wasn't attended by many because let's face it, most of the people she knew were already dead. The guy who use to cut her grass came with his wife. This man is a saint. He would stay at her house for hours after cutting her grass because he knew my grandma was lonely. He knew her life story and he didn't mind listening. His family even took her with them when she had to evacuate during hurricane Katrina. He told us stories about her and how he met her in WalMart one day. It made me smile.


Good memories. She will be missed. 

1 comment:

Okie Rednecks said...

I will be thinking of you.... I know that the loss is hard.