Thursday, June 10, 2010

Friendships and the Real Housewives

You know there's a whole series of shows built around the "Real Housewives" of whatever city. If you turn on a TV or computer you know this. It's usually around this time I will catch a few episodes of one of these shows. I think whether you work or not you're a housewife. I don't know about you but I don't have nannies to pick up my kids from school, bring convicts as party guests to my friends' homes, or borrow my friend's yacht for a little afternoon jaunt. These shows should be named the "Unreal Housewives" because the things they do are so unreal. One of these housewives just filed bankruptcy claiming they make less than $100,000 a year when on one of the episodes her husband gave her that much cash to go buy furniture. Then the arguing these women do and the back biting is unreal. I've never had the drama these women have nor do I want it. I would guess if I did have that drama I'd do whatever I'd have to do to get OUT of that drama. I know it's a TV show and drama equals big ratings, but honestly after a few shows I have a headache and need to turn it off. Real housewives have real issues to deal with like laundry, meals, kids, and life for goodness sakes. Friendship is an alien concept to these gals. It's what they can get out of it and when there's nothing else they move on and run the used up friend into the ground. Sad.

1 comment:

Laurie Mohr said...

We had one of these Housewifes speak in Clinton recently. I was sooo not interested. How about Housewives of Clinton County? Let her live in the central part of town with my neighbors, crackheads and hookers! No nanny, no chef, no 100K shopping sprees. Adult kids & grandkids to support. That's the real life! :-)