Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tuesday rant

Most of you know I had a plumbing mishap back in May and it ruined quit a bit. Here it is a month later and I still don't have a kitchen. My son went back to college a week early because he was done with the house being a wreck and not having food to eat whenever he wanted. I was told last week by my contractor my granite countertops, plumbing, electrical, and appliances would be installed and completed TODAY. Well it's 1 p.m. and nothing has been done. I even called him this morning and he assured me everything would go in as planned.

You want to know why I called him? Not to make sure everything was still on...that was my secondary reason for calling him.  Here it goes. I hope you're sitting down. It's been sweltering hot in OK. So on Sunday morning I went out into my garage and it smelled suspiciously like rotting garbage. I checked for garbage bags my lazy kids might have tossed out there. Nope. That wasn't the reason for the smell. I then noticed a gathering of  blow flies (you know the big ones) around my deep freezer. My eyes then darted to the wall where the freezer is plugged in. The plug-in was on the floor of the garage!! The carpenter had been here Friday and he unplugged my freezer to plug in his saw and he never plugged it back in! The rotten smell was coming from rotting food. I didn't even dare to open it. And that big bubba is filled to the top let me tell you.

So I called my contractor to tell him I wasn't about to clean that out myself! Not to mention the loss of ground buffalo meat my husband was so proud of...that's a whole other story. I think I'm going to need an intervention soon before I end up on an episode of "Snapped" or whatever that TV show is called that tells the stories of women who go into fits of rage and murder!

4 comments:

Laurie Mohr said...

OK! That's enough! I am coming to OK to kick some ass myself!! UGHGGHHH!

Report these people to the Chamber of Commerce, the better business whatever and post them on that site where you rip your contractors!!

Laurie Mohr said...

http://www.angieslist.com/angieslist/

There you go. Tell it like it is my friend. :-)

Ladee Melie said...

Thanks pal! I think I'm going to have to open a can!

Okie Rednecks said...

Oh Dear Gracious!!! I am thinking that I would be putting down the title of Lady and being something way worse. We dealt with this a couple years ago with the hubby's family. It wasn't pretty. I am thinking taht the contractor will be doing the job for free or replacing the meat. A price per pound.... It won't be a pretty price either. I am so sorry. I know that the buffalo meat is a big loss. I hunt and that is just sickening to lose....